Sunday 4 September 2011

On a Clear Day You Can See Forever 1970

This is a film I have loved for its music for a very long time and I was lucky enough to pick up the soundtrack album in a charity shop last month.  I ordered the DVD and looked forward to watching this bizarre film with a young Barbra Streisand and a very young Jack Nicholson centred around New York.


I had remembered the beautiful Cecil Beaton gowns from the scenes shot in the United Kingdom but had entirely forgotten the most amazing late sixties early seventies wardrobe that Barbra Streisand wore throughout.  A new dress and or coat in every scene it seems......and all absolutely gorgeous. 








The designer responsible for these dresses is Arnold Scaasi and here are a few more of his creations.










I couldn't find a good picture of my favourite dress that is worn for the finale, a tangerine fitted tunic with a layered matching capelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment