Tuesday 13 September 2011

My Weekend

Last weekend I had a lovely time visiting the Thames Festival on Saturday and then on to the E17 Art Trail on Sunday.

Saturday was so windy but beautifully warm when it wasn't raining.  From Tower Bridge along to County Hall the embankment was full of stalls with craft, food and drink.  Along the way we had an electro swing stage and the beautiful tango stage at The Scoop. The crowds were amazing which meant moving along was done at a rather sedate pace. 



Walking back through the City we noticed this lintel over a Church door...... 




Later on I finished up in Brick Lane for a lovely Lamb Chop Jalfrezi at The Monsoon. Spitalfields looked great with all of the stalls empty.



I made my first visit to the E17 Art Trail on Sunday mainly to visit the E17 Designers event at The Asian Centre, Orford Road, E17.  On the way I visited some of the other venues listed in the Trail.....what a shame I had left it until the last day!  I finished up at the Blackhorse Lane Open Studios which was full of some really amazing work. Next year I am going to visit so many more events.

No comments:

Post a Comment