Wednesday 1 May 2013

Myddelton House Gardens

Fairly close to where I live is Enfield, in fact just over the other side of the reservoir my house faces!

Yesterday I walked to a lovely garden that forms part of the Lee Valley Park and was once the home of Edward Augustus Bowles who as their website states was "one of Britain's most famous self-taught gardeners, artists and expert botanists."

It has a bright new Visitor Centre housing a small cafe, shop and mini E.A. Bowles museum which leads out on to the stable yard seating area and plants for sale.

Unfortunately the house itself is now offices for the Lee Valley Park but I was told it opens for the Open House weekend in September.  The gardens are not on a huge scale and easy to get around.  A lovely spot and one which I will return to with a car to buy some of their Irises.

Myddelton House Gardens



































No comments:

Post a Comment