Friday 14 September 2012

Fantastic Summer 2012

It has been an age since I wrote my last post on here and it must be said apart from a few orders I have not really made anything!

After the Olympic Flame passed through Waltham Abbey and my excitement levels grew I wasn't sure if I was going to be involved in London 2012 apart from watching on television.  This all changed when I was able to attend a technical rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony on 25th July......


What an incredible evening and I was so pleased to be involved with Danny Boyles #Savethesurprise.  The sound and spectacle were amazing and my tears flowed fairly early on! No surprise there then.

From Day 1 with the Cycling to Box Hill I was hooked and definitely made use of all available technology to keep track of events. 

On Sunday 5th August I witnessed Godiva Awakes part of the Cultural Olympiad events travel past my house in the pouring rain.  She was beautiful.....


 
 
Unfortunately I didn't get to see her standing but did see gome fabulous pictures of her journey.
 
Later that afternoon I had another trip to the Olympic Stadium and saw Bolt win the 100m as well as Mo Farah and Greg Rutherford collect their Gold Medals from Super Saturday.  I also saw Oscar Pistorious run which was inspiring....
 
 
After watching some brilliant sport it was over and there was still two weeks to go to the paralympics!
 
We saw the Opening Ceremony......
 



 
 
I saw the T54 Marathon won by Dave Weir.....

 
 
 
And finally on Monday I went up to the London 2012 Greatest Team Parade in London. What an amazing day and yet another opportunity to thank the wonderful Games Makers and London Ambassadors for their volunteering, I want them around always.  Their enthusiasm was uplifting and really made every event special.... 
 
 







 
 
Aside from all of the wonderful sport over the summer of 2012 I did manage to do a lot of other things.....theatre trips - Sweeney Todd, National Trust visits and a fabulous surprise weekend in Devon for a friends 40th Birthday in a Landmark Trust property.
 
Now my holiday week is almost over and normal service will resume, well I say normal is it ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment